Cyberstella. The year 2222 - 200 years later. The story of our world begins in the 2020s when explorers set their sights on space. Their feelings are a mixture of those that attempt the impossible, and those that want to lead the world to new adventures. The characters wear futuristic yet modest clothing and equipment while embarking on a high-risk journey into the galaxy to chase their endless dreams. Thanks to the advancement of technology, their world has changed. With less room for ambition in a modern developed society, a dire situation is created to fix disparities between people who increasingly control the capital and the unfortunate souls forced into hard labor. Flooded with all kinds of products and manifested in all sorts of diversity, there is no room for uniqueness in a cold, cruel, and plain world. The atmosphere of adventure and being truly individual is disappearing. What will the fate be of those who reject modernism and take a leap of faith into the stars unknown?
“Humans will not be able to fly for another thousand years.” - The Wright Brothers, two years before their successful flight.
The first age of discovery into space was a success. Shortly after, the second space discovery age came and went, until space travel became common for everyone.
If you look up at the sky, you can see several starships. They're small-time travel and space journey vehicles run by a public transportation conglomerate.
Planet earth's social infrastructure was modernized by technological advancement.
On the other hand, the abandoned cities that emerged in 2022 are now recognized as historical legacies. There are also China and Japanese towns in 2222, established by diasporas.
The timeline of the human species' space journey is outlined as follows:
- 2021：First private space journey run by a private company.
- 2030：Space journey becomes common thanks to technological advancement.
- 2060：Plans to immigrate to Mars begins.
- 2100：Mass immigration to colonies.
- 2120：Achievment of inter-galactical travel by the warp technology.
- 2130：First Age of Discovery.
- 2140：Interaction with aliens.
- 2200：Significant cost reduction of space exploration by technological advancements.
- 2222：The Age of Cyberstella